找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1712|回复: 0

Into the Crisis

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-9-2 12:05:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
From a recent post by Robert Simonis (edited) on the 'Lean Imple,mentation' thread:

"I have never seen lean done without a "burning platform"; including Toyota ..... The challange for the rest of us, whether we are trying to get lean started or to sustain the gains; how do we stoke the fire?"

I just wanted to elevate this question, as I am part if an effort to 'push' lean onto a supplier. We are trying to create a training center and center of innovation, but the host, even though agreeing and setting up the area, does not to want to mess with things. The system we set up three years ago is unchanged, and the scheduling is reverting none-too-slowly to batch, our training consultants are never asked for direct shop floor help. All of the real changes have been direct customer intervention. We never face direct refusal, but a lot of world class foot-dragging.

I am very aware that Lean as a Push system does not work. Short of just taking the wheel, how would we 'stoke the fire'? Pulling orders and/or going elsewhere are always the first suggestions, but we'd like to work with a partner. The question is for folks who for any reason don't want to move on - how do we get management interested in looking for improvements? Pull inventory out? Artificial conditions? These guys have even visited Toyota Japan, but the sense of urgency never sunk in.

Note that we are a large company, dealing with multiple large suppliers on a global scale. Success can be a curse, at times.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|SimulWay 道于仿真   

GMT+8, 2024-5-26 02:12 , Processed in 0.013186 second(s), 14 queries .